Laughter produces a conventional sense of well-being. It has been proven by experts that those who laugh more, in other words people who are happy and optimistic tend to fight disease and deal with mental illness much better than those who are pessimistic. By laughing, your body releases natural pain killers called Endorphins, which helps ease chronic pains and makes you feel much better. T-cells, cells that help fight illnesses are released in your immune system when you laugh.
Don’t you always feel better after a burst of laughter? Yes indeed! That is because when you laugh it is as if your body and all the organs and bones in it is getting a massage and who doesn’t feel better after a massage?
Here are more reasons why laughter is good for you:
Laughter reduces the levels of stress hormones
Blood pressure is reduced when you laugh
Laughter helps fight depression
Laughter betters your relationship
Your immune system gets a boost when you laugh
These are some of the funniest jokes that has ever been told. Go ahead, LOL!
- A little guy gets on a plane and sits next to the window. A few minutes later, a big, heavy, strong mean-looking, hulking guy plops down in the seat next to him and immediately falls asleep.
The little guy starts to feel a little airsick, but he's afraid to wake the big guy up to ask if he can go to the bathroom. He knows he can't climb over him, and so the little guy is sitting there, looking at the big guy, trying to decide what to do.
Suddenly, the plane hits an air pocket and an uncontrollable wave of nausea passes through the little guy. He can't hold it in any longer and he pukes all over the big guy's chest.
About five minutes later the big guy wakes up, looks down, and sees the vomit all over him.
"So," says the little guy, "are you feeling better now?"
- TEACHER: Clyde, your composition on 'My Dog' is exactly the same as your brother's. Did you copy his?
CLYDE: No, sir. It's the same dog.
- Three rats are sitting at the bar talking bragging about their bravery and toughness.
- The first says, "I'm so tough, once I ate a whole bagful of rat poison!"
- The second says, "Well I'm so tough, once I was caught in a rat trap and I bit it apart!"
- Then the third rat gets up and says, "Later guys, I'm off home to harass the cat."
- A man was driving down the road and ran out of gas. Just at that moment, a bee flew in his window. The bee said, "What seems to be the problem?"
"I'm out of gas," the man replied.
The bee told the man to wait right there and flew away. Minutes later, the man watched as
an entire swarm of bees flew to his car and into his gas tank.
After a few minutes, the bees flew out. "Try it now," said one bee.
The man turned the ignition key and the car started right up.
"Wow!" the man exclaimed, "What did you put in my gas tank?"
- Enzo Leigh Botes